Different people face problem while opening brave browser on Windows 10. They usually complain that they cannot use the browser on desktop platform or it does not open properly. For such issues follow the given steps and use brave browser on your windows.
- On your desktop, find out the shortcut of the browser. Once you see it, right click on it and go to the option named properties. Click and open it.
- Once you open the properties, go to the Target option. After going to the option, type –disable – gpu at the end of the path in front of Target. Keep in mind to add it with putting a space between the flag and the quotes as well.
- After adding it, go to the option named Apply and click Ok once it is applied.
- After getting done with this whole process, close the properties and refresh your desktop.
- When you refresh, you can now assume that the process worked. Keeping the assumption in your mind, open the main menu given on the top-right.
- On the main menu, find the option of settings and in settings go to advanced and then to the system option and then the option of hardware acceleration.
- Keep in mind that hardware acceleration should be on. If the option is off, toggle it off and then re-launch as doing this will turn it on.
- After going through this whole process, return to the modified shortcut i.e. the Target option in the properties.
- Once you return, you have to remove the –disable –gpu from the pathway that you added in it in the start.
- Now open and use your brave browser from that brave shortcut.
Brave browser is considered to be one of the upcoming and best browsers. It is very helpful and popular among users who are highly concerned with their privacy. As the browser provide users a safe side instead of suffering from the threat of data being collected by campaigns or harm of being hacked. The browser is free from getting users into such issues and they can surf through the internet freely. It has blocked different sites and also provides users with the option of blocking the sites on the web that they want to.
Apart from following the above method, you can also try by simply uninstalling brave, reboot, and installing it again. Just go to the start menu and open settings. Go to “add or remove programs” and uninstall the browser. Now reboot and download the brave installer once again and see if it works.
If you still face the issue then uninstall the brave, download brave again thank you !